Tuesday, June 28, 2011

I THINK I LIKE YOU A LOT

They say your face folds
like an accordion
I’ve even been told
your breath reeks of onion
and your teeth of gold
bulge like bars of bullion
But
I say your face shines
brighter than Orion
I laugh at their whines
while they keep on tryin’
to shout you’re not mine
but I shout they’re lyin’
Why?
I think I like you a lot

Folks call your dresses
old rags used for dusting
and claim your tresses
are limp and disgusting
Your laugh distresses
them like a nun’s cussing
But
I praise your short skirts
and I laud your smiling
Your curls make me flirt
Your figure’s beguiling
which includes your pert
butt: a perfect styling
Yep
I think I like you a lot

The women’s club tries so hard to spurn ya
I swear each member’s got a hernia
I’ve heard crowds of men bark, “Durn ya,
she pisses off my missus
and I’m shunned with no kisses!”

But
I greet your smooches
and croon your caresses
I buy you brooches
Your manner impresses
so, the town’s pooches
bark throughout the parking lots
while we’re both ignoring plots
by those who hate what we got
and pray we won’t tie the knot
but I say give it a shot
’cause
I think I like you a lot


Roger Armbrust
June 28, 2011