Monday, August 26, 2013

A SUDDEN COUNTRY LOVE SONG

I'm sittin' in this workshop in Nashville
searchin' for sweet lyrics sendin' love chills
but my rhymes feel like swallowin' cold pills
linkin' landfills and sour mash whiskey stills
Who could fall in love hearin' that?

I'm crawlin' slick floors on my hands and knees
lookin' for little images to please
young lovers and old friends, large companies
of blue-suit men...Aww shoot! Je-ez Louise!
Who could fall in love hearin' that?

But I won't give up the fort
Love's my first and last resort
I'll keep dribblin' up the court
till I score
and what's more
When my brain hemorrhage turns blue
my noggin's lost its last screw
I'll suddenly think of you
and the world will sing! It's true!
And we'll all fall in love hearin' that!


Roger Armbrust
August 26, 2013